Friday, March 17, 2006

Festival Continued


Last night was a Medieval celebration for Matthew's History/ Language Arts Class. He didn't have a part in the play this year. That is okay because the previous four years he had a large part and this year we said he could take a break. Even though he didn't really have much to do last night, I still have so much fun getting costumes together for everyone. Plus I think everyone expects that they are coming dressed up. I have done this for the past 5 years. My sewing machine broke while I was getting costumes ready in October. I had to be creative and find some way to get the costumes done. So, for the past few months I've been collecting things from the Goodwill that I thought that I could piece together for some knight outfits. I got the sword idea from a website where I almost bought them swords and shields (We didn't get the sheilds done in time) for a really high price. With some wood scraps and paint we already had I think their swords turned out pretty good. The small picture is of Matthew dancing. He and his partner thought something was hilarious. She is is the red and black dress. I won't be updating again for a few days.


Shane loves being a Knight



Colby didn't want to wear his boots anymore



Matthew making a plate of Medieval Food


1 comment:

Liz said...

there was no pic of Matthew dancing. Those costumes were so cute.