Sunday, November 26, 2006

Hello 3 Goodbye 15

Colby at his birthday party

Today we celebrated Colby's third birthday with our friends. We had a big pot of Chili, Nachos and snacks. We had out the Bounce House and sports stuff. They all had a good time. I was sort of out of it, because Ted wasn't here for a good part of the day. He is the more hospitable one and I didn't remember lot of things he would have. The past few days Matches had been acting a little wierd. By last night he was definalty sick. Ted took him to the vet the earliest opening they had. They recommended that he take Matches to the Animal Hospital for an overnight stay, and then follow up in the morning. When Ted got to the Animal Hospital and they reviewed his test results, they told Ted that he was really sick. His kidneys were failing him. If we rehydrated him it would just be days before he was really sick again. They were very nice about it and helped us with our descions. Tonight was Matches last night with us. Its is so hard to believe that Smokey's brother is gone. This is really tough and thanks everyone, who came to the party and were here with us today.

Ted holding Matches on the right
Matches

August 1991- November 26, 2006

3 comments:

K A R I™ said...

We had a lot of fun at Colby's party today.

I know you said Matches was really sick but I didn't realize it was that sick. I guess I just thought he would just live forever. I'm so sorry! I know that Matches wasn't a pet, he was part of the family.

I rememeber before Shane and Colby were born someone asking Matthew if he had any siblings. He told them "yes, they are at home and their names are Matches & Smokey"

Liz said...

Oh I am so sorry! That breaks my heart for you. I can't imagine how awful it must be, and then for it all to happen the day of Colby's B-day party. I wish there was something more to say. I am sooooo sorry!

Anonymous said...

I thought of Matches as a person and have red teary eyes.He was a wonderful special grandcat.Love Mom